GCC Simulation Competition
November 26-28, 2019
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Venue: Prince Sultan University
Competition Website: https://www.gsscompetition.net/
Computer-based simulation is one of the most powerful tools available today to analyze any simple or complex system. Gulf Student Simulation Competition is an international simulation competition hosted by IEOM. It provides an opportunity for Industrial Engineering students in gulf countries to show their discrete-event simulation skills.
Gulf Simulation Competition Registration Site
General Rules and Guidelines
- Submissions could be as individuals, or a team of 2-3 members.
- All Participants should be undergraduate or recent graduate students in one of the GCC universities.
- Finalist teams are invited to have a live competition in the IEOM GCC Conference in Riyadh.
- The case studies must be solved completely by the team members.
- Submission must be within the deadlines and no late submissions will be accepted.
Phases of Competition
- An online phase, starts on September 7th.
- Consists of a technical case study that needs a discrete-event simulation analysis.
- The data and the description of the process will be sent to the team once the registration is completed.
- An online phase, starts on October 6th.
- Consists of a different technical case study that needs to be simulated.
- The data and the description of the process will be given to the teams passing the first phase of the competition.
- A live phase, at IEOM Conference in Riyadh, November 26.
- Consists of a technical case that needs to be simulated.
- The data and the description of the process will be given to the teams at conference.
- First Place: 8000 SR
- Second Place: 4000 SR
- Third Place: 3000 SR
Awards will be presented at the 2019 GCC conference awards dinner at PSU campus on November 27, 2019.
Final Phase Participants
© IEOM Society International